New students/new enrollees will have 5 days to comply with the dress code.
Tate County School District Dress Code for Grades K-12 (TCSD Policy JCDB)
Articles of Clothing:
No article of clothing may depict anything profane, suggestive, derogatory, violent, or illegal to students (e.g. alcohol, drugs, tobacco, gambling).
• T-Shirts must be intact
• Collared shirts may have only one top button undone.
• All shirts, sweatshirts, and hoodies may neither expose the midriff, any part of the bust, or an excessive part of the back, nor be excessively tight or distracting in class.
• No tank-tops or low cut shirts with camisoles. Showing cleavage is not allowed.
• Gentlemen must wear their shirts tucked in.
• Only jeans, khakis, or dress pants are allowed
• Shorts are allowed for ALL students but must be knee length (at or below the tip of the finger for K-3 students)
• Skorts are allowed but must be knee length
• No athletic shorts allowed.
• No holey or frayed pants and no skin or undergarments/leggings showing.
• Pants must be worn fitted to the natural waist.
• If pants have loops, a belt must be worn.
• Wallet chains are not allowed.
• Neither baggy or loose-fitting pants nor excessively tight- fittings pants shall be worn.
• Neither shower-shoes, sliders, nor house-shoes may be worn. Footwear must worn at all times.
• Heels may be no taller than two inches. No steel toe boots.
• Footwear with laces must be laced.
Dress or Skirts:
• Knee-length dresses and skirts are allowed; however, no slit shall rise above the kneecaps.
• Leggings may be worn beneath skirts, dresses, or tunics; however, skirts, dresses, or tunics must still be knee-length (at or below the tip of the finger for K-3 students).
• Tattoos or other visible body markings which contain inappropriate, vulgar, or gang related design must be covered at all times.
• Only earrings which are non-gauge size are acceptable.
• Neither male nor female students will be permitted to wear rings and/or studs in their noses, tongues, or other exposed body parts other than the ear. Rings on the fingers are acceptable.
• Notched eyebrows and gang related designs in the hair are not allowed.
• No hats, caps, toboggans, head scarves, bandanas, sweat bands, wristbands, hairnets, hoodies on the head, or shower caps are allowed to be worn visible in the building.
• If a student wears a court ordered monitor, it must be covered at all times.
• No blankets are allowed on campus.
1st offense: Parent to bring clothes or if parent is unavailable the student will be sent to ISS.
2nd Offense: ISS
3rd Offense: OSS