"The Tate County School District exists to educate all students to be college and career ready, and to develop a lifelong love for learning."
"Tate County School District will strive to become a learning organization in which students and staff work together to help all students exceed their potential in academics, the arts, and athletics."
Goal I: We will strive to ensure effective instruction for all students by actively engaging students in the learning process.
- Increase teacher retention by 20% by the end of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Establish a baseline of teacher turnover for the year of 2017-2018.
- Attend teacher recruitment annually.
- Update and maintain the latest technology as required by 21st Century initiatives, as measured by faculty and administrator feedback.
- Maintain a systematic way of determining needs and reporting problems as they occur annually.
- Continue training all teachers to use technology in the classroom, to be evaluated by observations.
C. Continual revision of district wide curriculum.
- PLCs meet weekly as verified by minutes.
- Administrators will meet together monthly to ensure the instructional needs of students and staff are met.
- Ensure that the district meets basic elementary and secondary curriculum requirements annually.
- Ensure that instructional needs of students and staff are provided for at each school annually.
- Utilize data (benchmark, district test, state test, student attendance, teacher attendance, discipline, etc.) continually through the year to guide instruction.
Goal II: We will strive to provide all students an environment that is positive, safe, drug-free and conducive to learning.
- Revision of school emergency plans annually for approval by the School Board for the September School Board meeting.
- Follow MDE guidelines for implementation of the number of tornado, fire, lockdown, and earthquake drills. Guidelines for drills must be posted through the school.
- Provide documentation of required drills by May of each school year by principal to Director of Operations.
- Post evacuation charts in classrooms, cafeteria, gym, library, etc. at entrances and exits by the first day of school.
- Improve security on all campuses, as measured by documentation of sign-in logs, video cameras, and surveys annually.
- Follow Policy KM when people sign-in at a school that it is required to leave keys and driver’s license and get a visitor’s pass in main office until completion of the visit.
- All classroom doors are to be closed and locked at all times.
- Maintain clean, safe, and attractive school environments.
- The School Safety Committee will make recommendations for safety as needed to the Director of Operations and Superintendent.
- A school facility assessment will be conducted annually.
- Ensure that all busses are inspected regularly as required by MDE guidelines, ongoing.
- Provide and document the appropriate certification and in-service training for bus drivers including the Mississippi Educator Code of Ethics annually.
- Require bus drivers to report any maintenance or parental concerns in writing to Director of Operations.
- Director of Operations develops a schedule of bus inspection, maintenance, and routes with bus drivers.
- Continue outside programs to reduce drug use in school.
- Ensure DARE officer present effective drug free information to students annually.