Tate County Schools Gifted Education Resources for Teachers and Parents
The following resources are being ordered and will be made available for you to check out. These items will be available in the resource section of your child’s school library.
- Parenting Gifted Kids: Tips for Raising Happy and Successful Gifted Children
- The Survival Guide for Gifted Kids: For Ages 10 and Under
- The Gifted Kids Survival Guide: A Teen Handbook
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can refer a student for T.A.G.S.?
-A teacher, a parent, an administrator, a counselor, a peer, or self.
- How do I have my child tested for T.A.G.S.?
-Contact your child’s school or the Gifted Coordinator at the Central Office.
- How often do you test for T.A.G.S.?
-Students are tested only once a year in the Spring.
- What does T.A.G.S. stand for?
-Talented and Gifted Students.
- How often do the students attend T.A.G.S.?
-The students are pulled out of class weekly for 4-5 hours.
Identification Process for Intellectually Gifted
Characteristics of Gifted Students
Board Policy on Gifted
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)